- Joint work with client’s personnel to collect information, documents, and depositions that will contribute to consolidating the thesis defended;
- Involvement of other areas of the firm, depending on the matter involved in the arbitration proceedings;
- Counseling clients on the need/effectiveness of hiring experts and technical assistants, aiming at a better understanding of the matter by the arbitrators;
- Conducting the proceedings from the pre-arbitration stage until the issuance of the award by the arbitration panel;
- We also act in the homologation and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Brazilian courts.
The experienced professionals at WK have the necessary skills to support various and complex matters involving the clients, working in advisory matters and litigation, in the following types of cases:
- Joint support with the area of Contracts for the elaboration and review of contracts and structuring guarantees, with the aim of safeguarding clients in possible future disputes;
- Joint support with the area of Mergers and Acquisitions to carry out the risk assessment in lawsuits and arbitration proceedings impacting the negotiation, aiming at concrete and effective solutions to enable the transactions;
- Issuance of legal opinion involving the implementation and interpretation of Brazilian law, especially material civil law, consumer law, corporate law and civil procedure;
- Definition of strategy and conduction of lawsuits involving many areas of the law, such as consumer, contracts, civil construction, torts, judicial reorganization and bankruptcy, real estate, administrative, energy, corporate, capital markets and antitrust, always advising the clients toward a quick, effective and uncontroversial solution.
WK offers their clients a highly qualified team, with domain of international models and expertise in the analysis of all types of contracts, in many languages. The professionals can be highlighted in the following activities:
- Negotiation, elaboration and review of strategic contracts and/or related to the core business of national or foreign entities;
- Review of contracts to adapt them to the Brazilian legal framework;
- Elaboration and review of routine agreements;
- Development of policy for contract management and monitoring the compliance with contractual obligations;
- Legal opinions and analysis of contracts and specific contractual clauses;
- Contract-focused due diligence;
- Secondment with the legal department of companies to support specific demands concerning certain projects or operations.
Corporate Restructuring, Reorganization and Recovery
WK Restructuring Team conducts strategic cases based on:
- Full-service and multidisciplinary support to operations and transactions involving restructuring and reorganization of companies, jointly with the contracts area;
- Full-service support to creditors in general, investors, financing agents, funds, bondholders / noteholders in cases of judicial reorganization, out-of-court restructuring and bankruptcy cases.
WK believes that preventive action brings significant benefits to clients, once it can drastically reduce the involvement in court disputes, allowing financial and time savings, in addition to enabling focus on the business and not in dispute resolution. Therefore, our professionals are dedicated to:
- Identifying risky situations and defining and executing strategies to mitigate impacts and losses, to clients and third parties;
- Providing advice in dispute settlement, in order to guarantee that rights and interests of the clients are preserved;
- Direct work in the negotiation of alternatives in dispute resolution;
- Working in mediation as a fast and healthy dispute resolution system involving either individuals or legal entities. The team at WZ works as a mediator and/or supports the clients in the choice of one or more mediators and/or mediation institutions, attendance in the scheduled meetings for this purpose and elaboration of documents to consolidate the agreement reached.